Rainbow Fit Kids Club
Rainbow Fit Kids Club is a collaborative effort with Prime Fitness to create a healthy attitude and lifestyle for the children of Rainbow Kids Clinic.
- Established Patient of Rainbow Kids Clinic
- BMI greater than 85 percentile for age
- Highly motivated child and parent
This 12 week program includes three key areas of success:
- Medical: Initial assessment, including physical exam, measurement of height, weight, Blood pressure and blood work (if applicable). This is followed monthly for 3 months and then two more checks one at 6 months and then again at 9 months.
- Nutrition: Practical tips for healthy living including: healthy snacking, reading food labels, portion control, the best food to have at each meal, and lots of other great information.
- Exercise: The aim of the program is to promote a healthy lifestyle and to focus on general fitness by addressing flexibility, speed, strength, and endurance in a family-friendly, encouraging environment.
After successful completion of the initial 12 week program and lifestyle changes the follow-up medical visits at six and Nine months will provide an opportunity for each kid to start another 12 week program or continue participation in a maintenance program offered for patients who remain consistently engaged.